STAM•PA•RAT•US: Noun. 2017-2018 (and beyond); < rubber-stamper lingo; Latin stamp + apparatus> 1. a feature-packed device to assist rubber stampers with placing stamped images exactly where desired 2. a gizmo used to perfectly align up to 4 stamped images 3. a doo-dad which allows another attempt at stamping a fully-inked image if the first was unsuccessful 4. an amazing tool that all rubber stampers will want to own in order to make their stamping adventures more fun, easy, and oops-free. Synonym: "the most advanced stamp-positioner on the market"
Well, we've waited a whole lotta years, but it's finally (almost) here! Stampin' Up!'s feature-packed stamp positioner that blows all other similar devices currently on the market right out of the water! Why? Because once again, Stampin' Up! has created a tool designed FOR stampers BY stampers (LOTS of 'em, actually!)
So what's up with this gizmo with the funky name?
Well, I recommend downloading this PDF flyer for a quick overview.......
and then checking out this video to see the Stamparatus in action:
Soooooo...... now that you have an idea what this little gem can do, we'll assume that by now you know you need one of these puppies for your very own self. (I mean, who wouldn't? Right?) So listen-up while I share how to be among the very first to get your mitts on one of these coveted treasures..... (Yeah, yeah, it's a little bit complex, but I think we can all catch on eventually...)
Stampin' Up! recognizes that this is expected to be a hot, hot item, but wants at the same time to avoid the disappointment of a potentially protracted back-order situation, as these Stamparatuses [Stamparati?] can only be manufactured and stocked at a finite pace. Therefore, Stampin' Up! has designed a clever "reservation" system that will allow you to (sort of) preorder yours before it is even manufactured. There will be 3 limited preorder/reservation periods between now and when this tool appears in next summer's Annual Catalog, and you may order up to one device during each of the 3 periods - while supplies last. The limited preorder periods will run during the following dates, but only until the maximum number of available reservations has been reached. (In other words, those who preorder early in the period stand a better chance of successfully reserving a unit than those who wait until later).
As you see, the first reservation window opens this coming Thursday, Nov. 16th. At 2:00 pm, Mountain Time, to be exact. (Barring any hiccups like crashed websites and other technicalities, of course.)
To place your reservation you'll go to my online store and look for the "Reserve" link on the Stamparatus page. (You must already have an online customer account set up in order to proceed; if you don't already have an online account, I urge you to go ahead and set one up now to be ready.) Then follow the simple instructions shown in this tutorial. Note that you must have a credit card available in order to place your reservation, but you won't actually be charged until your Stamparatus comes in.
Then when the approximate shipping date nears (better put it on your 2018 calendar right away so you don't forget), be sure to keep an eagle-eye on your email inbox (including your junk box, too), as Stampin' Up! will notify you when your Stamparatus has been placed into your shopping cart. And at that point you'll go into your order, add more items to your cart if you wish, and then submit your order. Be very careful not to accidentally delete your Stamparatus from your cart because there will be NO way to add it back again!
So be ready to act quickly on Thursday to be among the very first lucky owners of a Stamparatus! I'd be VERY surprised if available reservations last until November 30th.... or even anywhere close to it!
Please note that the "sale" of this item will not actually take place until you close out and submit your order next February (or March or April, depending on which reservation period you used). Your "reservation" will NOT count as a sale, and as I understand things currently, I won't even be able to see that you've reserved one. (But you might wanna tell me anyway.....)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Ok, so yeah, that was a whole lotta words, so here's the Cliff Notes version:
- Recognize you want need a Stamparatus.
- Make sure you have an online shopping account already set up so you don't have to fiddle with it on Thursday. (You probably do have if you've shopped online with me before, but no harm in double-checking: store.YourPaperDreams.com)
- Set an alarm to reserve your Stamparatus (store.YourPaperDreams.com) at 2 pm (Mountain Time) this Thursday, Nov. 16. (Or as soon thereafter as you can, being aware there are a limited number of reservations that will be accepted.) You'll need to provide a CC number at the time, although it won't be charged at the time of reservation. (BTW, if the system crashes due to high use, please don't give up; just continue to try again a few times every 10-15 minutes or so.)
- Mark your calendar to keep an eagle-eye out for an email from Stampin' Up! (approx. Feb. 1), that lets you know your Stamparatus has been added to your shopping cart.
- When you receive that email from Stampin' Up! go into my online store again (store.YourPaperDreams.com) and complete/submit your order. (Remember THAT is the point that you actually purchase your Stamparatus.)